Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,488   Online: 970

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Earl Grey Blues

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a read of the current article on Shanghai GP3 film, it may by able to to be washed off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    As for supporting Kodak ... Preach to someone else, please.
    Sorry, the comment wasn't meant as preaching and wasn't aimed at you but as a general observation on the state of things.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Have a read of the current article on Shanghai GP3 film, it may by able to to be washed off.
    Thanks, I will check that out.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Sorry, the comment wasn't meant as preaching and wasn't aimed at you but as a general observation on the state of things.
    Thank you, Nicholas. I may have been a trifle defensive, but if you knew me, you'd know how ardent I am as a supporter of film in general and Kodak in particular.

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Another reason to dislike Lomo. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I doubt it is Foma film as I've shot loads of Fomapan 100 in 120 and never had this issue. As people are reporting this issue with Shanghai GP3, I suspect they are the supplier of this 'Earl Gray'.

How do you find the Holga? I'm tempted to buy one of the WPC versions to shoot 6x12, I'll remove the plastic lens and fit a Ross Wide Angle Xpress f4 5inch in shutter. The cheap plastickness of them puts me off, how bad are the light leak issues?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grobbit View Post
    Another reason to dislike Lomo. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I doubt it is Foma film as I've shot loads of Fomapan 100 in 120 and never had this issue. As people are reporting this issue with Shanghai GP3, I suspect they are the supplier of this 'Earl Gray'.

How do you find the Holga? I'm tempted to buy one of the WPC versions to shoot 6x12, I'll remove the plastic lens and fit a Ross Wide Angle Xpress f4 5inch in shutter. The cheap plastickness of them puts me off, how bad are the light leak issues?
    I quite like my Holga. It is not my favourite camera by any stretch, but it is a good occasional tool with characteristics I have come to know and understand.

My Holga is remarkably leak-free for the most part, though I do notice a touch of vignetting in the corners. I don't mind the plastic lens, though I wouldn't mind a proper aperture setting and perhaps a variable shutter. My camera is slightly modified - as stated in my original post, I added a black flap over the film counter window, and I keep the back secure with a heavy elastic. One of the first things I did with my Holga is screw a 46-55 filter adapter into the plastic of the lens housing and added a rubber lens hood. I'm not a fan of scratches, so I buffed the film mask rails to eliminate a couple of annoying burrs which would occasionally mar the film.

I have considered a couple of other modifications, but don't want to mess with things too much. There is the "close-focus" mod in which you replace the plastic focus stop with one a few degrees farther around the barrel, and the "true aperture" mod, but I really don't want to get too far into the innards of the camera... it works fine for me the way it is.

Cheers,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grobbit View Post

Thats what I did but different lens. Mine is a 65f8

Thanks for the info Tom, I have a very nice Ikonta-M 524/16 6x6 that shoots very well, but there have been a few times when I've looked at a Holga and thought 'hmm, that might be interesting to try'. That conversion looks great, 8/65 SA isn't too hard to find for a good price, and is twice as wide as my Xpress. Do you have any threads or posts detailing the conversion you can link to? How about some image samples?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Earl Grey Blues

I just wish you saved one roll, shot it with a good lens to compare grain and sharpness to Kodak or other high end films, I'm curious about their quality in that respect.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Earl Grey Blues

If you click on the photo it will take you to my Flickr site hunt in there all the B&W 6x12 shoots are with that camera. The conversion was quite easy just remove the 90mm that comes on the Holga and sand back the cone until the surface is flat, that is pretty close to the hypo focus point for the Len but you will want to fine tune it to your needs. FYI the only ligh leaks I got are from my mods not "Holga" leaks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin