Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 994

Shooter
    Medium Format

Photo Warehouse Ultrfine Fiber Paper?

Hey guys,

Just went to Photowarehouse site and checked out thier Utlrafine line up. Particulary the 16x20 DW Fiber paper, good price. Has anyone use thier paper?

Todd

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only in 8X10, seems to be Foma VC, I plan on ordering 11X14.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is it any good?

Todd

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Foma papers, another member recommended that I try Foma developers with it, perhaps somewhat more warm tone Dektol. I recommend tying a packet of 25 8X10 before buying 16X20, use a couple of differnt developers and toners to see how works for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I normally go with Arista paper and I'm very happy with it. However it's around bucks for 16x20.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used about a thousand sheets of Ultrafine Silver Eagle VC FB without any bad surprises. It offers a neutral tone image on a white paper base. Development is rapid and the paper responds to all my contrast filters from -1 to 5+. The unglazed glossy surface is nice. The paper has no particularly distinctive character so it does not impose itself on the final image . I like that.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice Maris.. I might have to give a try. Can't beat the price.

Todd

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At this point I think Foma makes all of the house branded papers, Freestyle, Unltrfine, Mulittone, and Promaster. Just to make sure it is what you expect try a pack of 8X10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Arista EDU MG fiber sold by Freestyle is Foma. I use it and it's great paper. It's slightly warm to neutral in tone. Great value.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin