Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,439   Online: 840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    What is the best way to buy the checmicals. Also I am not good at chemistry but I am learning and I like to make a liter of working solution at a time. I do not normally make the step before working I just make the working. Is this a bad way to mix chemicals?

Thanks,

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think that that's a bad way to mix the chemicals. Sometime I don't mix the concentrate either, I just mix the working solution. Can't think of a reason not to do it... anyone?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/ is a very good source

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ceratto
    I was told that potassium ferricyanide + acetic acid (stop bath) would produce cyanide gas. Will potassium dichromate also do this? (assuming the former is even true as I've never verified or tried it).
    Pot ferri will give off cyanide in a strong acid. If your stop bath was that strong, you would etch the emulsion right off the paper... I wouldn't worry.

The cyanide would come from breakdown of the ferricyanide. So it cannot happen with dichromate.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin