Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,934   Posts: 1,557,036   Online: 1245

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill, yes, it rolled up fine for my test. That's with the original backing paper, I think it should be okay with the 120 paper. Late last night I ordered a roll of this :
    http://generalphoto.biz/page/7
    Compard/Agfa Belgium Surveillance film 400 asa. NP. works out to about a buck and a half a roll (24 exp 126 format) including shipping. I think the APX100 is a similar film. This is supposedly more sensitive into the red. They said it is similar to Rollei retro400s.
    BTW the customer service was terrific.
    while i wait for the film I'm going to figure out the details on a perforating jig/work station.
    I'll probably use the 120 method to make up some color rolls. e6 etc...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thanks for the links. I do want to get some black and white for my 126.

Let us know how your jig works out. I had a similar idea a while back but never got around to making it.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I got my unperforated film yesterday from General Photography in Germany. Pretty quick, Only 7 days. Spent about 3 hours finishing the jig. Took about 15 minutes to make the first roll up and get it in the cassette. I'm using a ⅛" hole punch for the film perf. It's a little small. I need to find something slightly larger. A normal hole punch is too big. It is working however, I've fired off a few shots and if I advance the film slowly it finds the perf and cocks the shutter. Wind too fast and it skates over the perf. BTW I found a craft punch that is perfect for making the frame registration holes in the backing paper when I need to make new backing paper.
    BTW the jig is similar to a dovetail jig in woodworking.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why did that lever glide out of the holes?
    I mean, a hole is a hole. And as long as it is big enoug to receive the lever, the lever should stick.

A somewhat mechanized punch would be nice. One could modify a office-punch by turning the bolt smaller and add a steel counter-plate with hole of corresponding size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure why it skates by? Maybe the hole is off by a mm or so? What I thought about doing is modify the jig and just punch the hole twice making it an oval. I also may try sharpening a brass rectangular tube of the right size and epoxy that onto the hole punch with a counter-plate made from the next size tube. i believe they are available in Model Shops.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess brass would be too soft.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak ImageLink microfilm is sold in non-perforated 35mm. It is rather difficult to get but is still avaliable. But...most vendors require that it be bought in multiples of many 100ft rolls (about $20 per roll). Speed for continuous tone (with very restricted latitude) is only about EI 2. For development try giving HALF the development time as for Pan F.

I used to deal with this person at inceptiontech.com: dhaddad@inceptiontech.com. The location is 1 Sundial Ave, Suite 214, Manchester, NH. The phone is 603.222.2202 ext 212, or toll free: 877.475.2580. They sell it rebranded as Kodak Professional Film. I think that they required minimum of 50 rolls though. But you can get techical information and possibly others might wish to divide - David Lyga

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks David. This Unperfed Agfa/Compard was so easy to get I'll probably explore this for a while. I just developed my first roll. Used Caffenol. Found the reason for the skipped frames. The hole punch didn't fully punch the hole. The film is tougher than I expected. The film sort of stretched or left little strands that held the punched out disc in place? anyway. A more careful firm punch and I should be ok. The next roll should be a lot easier. I need to work out a good developer for this.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film is tougher than I expected.
    Don't forget, it's PET.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't get any film debris into your camera mechanism.

And that leads to another question: if, in the future, you wish to use unperforated film as perforated film, is there a sane and predictable way to punch holes cleanly and accurately? I think not, in practical terms. - David Lyga

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin