Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,720   Online: 813

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    : if, in the future, you wish to use unperforated film as perforated film, is there a sane and predictable way to punch holes cleanly and accurately?
    Some Old movie labs still have Bell and Howell perforating machines. not an item that is used much by labs any more. the machine would cost a fiortune new of course.
    http://suite101.com/article/vintage-...ipment-a110161

ADOX.DE posted a video a while ago of the old (I suspect x-Forte) perforating and frame ninbering machine thay had rebuilt. http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i.../t-103399.html
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha! Maybe a kickstarter to buy a Buco perforator ? 2/1000ths of a mm?!
    btw I fixed the problem. The jig was not allowing the punch to fully close. Made up another roll a lot quicker now. A lot of the time gets spent feeling around for tools, scissors etc. Having a good work station is key. Luckily this film is dead flat. no curl at all. none. I'm going to try punching two strips of film at once. Testing the punch with scrap worked fine. I also found another brand of punch which is much better quality and the head shape is cleaner. I may make a new jig to fit one of these punches.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well done for the progress on your jig arrangement. I'm sure other people with 126 cameras would be interested in the system when you have it all set-up and streamlined. Then again, maybe you could take over the world supply of refilled 126 cartridges!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ha! Yeah, months from now i emerge from my workroom with translucent skin and a rich man! Yesterday, a new jig completed for the better punch. And I've decided to jettison the backing paper. I'll put a little tape bump on the roll so I feel the end of the roll slide through. I've also put a little backing paper scrap to insure the film is in the right plane. Once I get it checked out with a couple of rolls I'll post pics of the design.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Great idea! A lot less work and easier to fit into the cartridge without the backing paper.

Or use a backing paper "leader" to tape the bare film to. Kind of like 220?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brilliant idea Bill. I'll give it a try.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When not using the backing paper a (non scratching) substitute should be mounted in the cartridge to keep the film in the proper plane, if using high-end type 126 cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I've used a carefully cut piece of film backing paper. Ilford brand has a nice feel to it. I burnished the edges of the paper and glued it in position in the back of several cartridges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An update on my quest to streamline reloading 126 cartridges for my Kodak 500 Instamatic. I've discovered that foamcor is not dimensionally stable so after a bit of time(days) the jig has warped a bit. I think the next version should be something more stable. Perhaps Plexiglas? I'll need to make a jig for my table saw to make the next jig if I go that route. Anyway, this is what the jig looks like now. Rather crude but you get the idea. I spread the perfs out a bit b/c I like more room between exposures. The advance stroke is now one and a tiny bit. BTW the kodak does not make a square neg, it's actually 28mm x 32mm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126jig.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	64967

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Google 828 film, Wikipedia.
    -Fred

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin