Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,549   Online: 790

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Non Perforated B&W 35mm film?

I can't find any recent posts concerning this. I've been trying to find some to reload for my Kodak 500 Instamatic. I've been working through a dozen rolls of wonderful HR100 fuji and saving the 126 cartridges and backing paper to reload. I've seen color film (Portra and Konica) but the only bw i see is in Europe. GP film. (General Photo) I've tried reloading perfed 35 and while it has it's charm I'd rather get the full frame without sprocket holes. Does anyone know of a source for bulk rolls of non pert 35? Also anyone ever use the General stuff if it comes to that?
    I love this little camera, the 38mm lens is a joy and it's nice and quiet so great for a street photography etc..
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Instimatic 126 film has 1 perforation per frame used for positioning of each frame. Some low end cameras do not use this feature but many high end cameras do. That being said the obly non-perforated film of this size that I am aware of is some microfilms.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Greg, I presume you've seen this? He's using standard 35mm:

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/t...icula-de-35-mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I saw that. I've run a couple rolls of Tmax that I rerolled. My plan was to make a template to punch the single hole per frame layout. Use recycled 120 backing paper that i'd punch and trim for length and width at the same time. (when the backing paper i have wears out) I have enough opened cartridges so i could do a nice size batch.
    Last edited by GregW; 02-10-2013 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    nearly all microfilms like Kodak Imagelink HQ or Agfa Copex Pan Rapid are unperforated 35 mm films. They are sold in bulk rolls and are rather cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jochen, That's interesting. So does one process these with typical developer like d76? or do they require something special? This is promising, thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    The actual speed is around 6asa and you will need a special developer to have a result with pictorial contrast.

Could you perhaps strip down 120 film? That would open up a lot of possibilities for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may be the direction i head. I set up an old cheap TLR with an xacto blade and made a test strip pretty easily and conveniently the length is the same as 24 exp 126. This also conveniently provides a backing paper strip. I've found a clear plastic ruler that is exactly 35mm wide to use as a perforating jig. two of them hinged along their length to form template, predrilled holes to align my punch. put a peg in the first hole to keep it from moving...
    greg

Shooter
    127 Format
    Can you roll that up tight enough to fit in the feeder side of the cartridge?
    - Bill Lynch

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    IIRC only 2 or 3 years ago there was plenty of bulk roll APX100 np (not perforated) on the bay. Some buyers had an unpleasent surprise when they found out what np means...
    maybe worthwile to place a wtb ad for this film.

searching for "APX100 np" found this: http://www.tradekey.com/selloffer_view/id/816659.htm
    Last edited by ath; 02-12-2013 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin