Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 765

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    and I maintain that mirko 's explanation on CHS 100 discontinuation is false. It was discontinued because EFKE was down.
    I do not know, but wasn't it exactly this what Mirko always told us? Efke stopped production and because of this there is no CHS anymore, this is what everybody knows and what Mirko always said, you can read this in all analog related german forums. But it is not true that Fotokemika (efke) is down, Fotokemika just stopped the production of film and photographic paper. Generally it was a little bit difficult to find out what was going on there in Zamobor, this is what I heard.....

The problem with chemicals is also true, I heard stories about such problems in Zamobor many months before stopping production, so this really could be one reason among others. And the problem with machines seems also to be true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just happy that Adox are bringing a new film to the market!

Wonderful news!

Trond

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The situation in Zamobor has been confused but is now clear.
    The machinery was located in a building that the company was renting to an owner. But this building was in a very bad state. Rain was running inside, and it became dangerous to work in such a building.
    It was too much expensive to move the machinery so they decided to stop in June, and they let the world know their decision in September.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    I sounds to me like Efke may have a case against the landlord for not properly maintaining the building. I'm going to really miss that film, and if ADOX can come up with something similar, I would be very happy to buy it. Not that I use(d) a lot of it,though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Given that Efke was reported to be in the building under a generous rent-free arrangement as a favour from its owner, I doubt there's much recourse.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Given that Efke was reported to be in the building under a generous rent-free arrangement as a favour from its owner, I doubt there's much recourse.
    True, I was thinking too much like an American Here we sue someone because the coffee is hot and graduate students get a C+ in a course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin