Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,641   Online: 1001

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Request for examples or experience: Ilford WT paper with Ilford Warmtone developer?

Hi all,

So I acquired one he11 of a haul yesterday at a gallery (imagine 50 rolls of Fuji and Kodak 35mm for .25$ each), and it included some Iflord WT paper and some Ilford WT developer.

I have zero experience with the developer. I absolutely love the results I get from using LPD 1:6 and Ilford Fiber WT MGIV, so I am curious about using the warmtone developer at something like 1:9. I'm looking for strong blacks and midtone/highlights leaning towards a bit sepia coloring.

Unfortunately, using the search function reveals little info or examples, mainly because the minute you type warmtone and Ilford you inevetibly end up with a ton of threads about the paper and little about the paper + developer combo.

Any info regarding concentrations, etc would be great. Thanks!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    I have used this combo(Ilford WT RC paper and Ilford WT developer) and it will give a WT look. Will it be sepia and will it have strong blacks? Depends on how you define these. Is this sepia as in subtle warm brown? If so yes but my idea of a tendency to sepia may differ entirely from yours. The blacks will be warm blacks and as strong as MGIV blacks but not the same

What it will be is noticeably warmer than MGIV and in a brown as opposed to a yellow brown which some define as sepia

Give it a try and compare it to MG dev with MGIV paper. If there isn't a difference that you can see then I'll eat your hat. It's too cold to eat mine here in the U.K.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Haha, ok will do. I guess brown shall work. Experimentation is in order, but since it's still too darn cold to be in the darkroom, I'm trying to get my priorities in a row.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin