Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,254   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I tried to clean the matt surface with an acid solution, but it made no difference. It does not look like a deposit- more like pitting into the gelatin.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So are you going to send a sheet to Ilford?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    yes, i mailed a sheet yesterday. Thanks for everyones input; it will be interesting to see what they say.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you mailed us a sheet it will be tested ( hope you sent us the batch number from the box as well ):

You will get one of three replies ( and a full written explanation )

1 ) Justified : a problem exists with that sample

2 ) Cause not certain : where we cannot identify the issue even after a full examination or cannot replicate* the sample

( *We keep samples of all the batches of film and paper we produce for up to 5 years, that way we can process 'the control' to see if we can replicate an issue )

3 ) Not justified, essentially the product is fine, it has happened during or post exposure.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    thank you Simon, for looking into this for me. Unfortunately, I did not include the batch number, but I feel it doesnt pertain to this particular matter, since the problem has repeatedly happened with different emulsion batches.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon - I may send you a sample of some 120 film, either FP4, or one of the Deltas. Mine always come out with some kind of non-glossy finish, not that it seems to bother anything.
    I'll wait till I shoot a roll that I still have the box for, and include it with the film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear George,

On the emulsion side of the film or on the other side?

Is it an even surface tone or is it variable ?

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I did send samples to Ilford and they looked at them under a microscope and it appeared to be a form of reticulation on the base side. They informed me that I should not presoak the film, which I was concerned about, but I went ahead and they were right, the problem went away. The base side now looks very shiny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool, glad there was an answer.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for feeding back. It is nice to see the outcome of this type of query and good that Ilford were able to offer a practical solution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin