Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,687   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Medium Format

Spur Acurol-N availible in US?

I asked freestyle if they planned on stocking Spur's new B&W developer, Acurol-N and they told me that no one had ever requested it. They would consider stocking it if there was a demand. After reading Erwin Puts description of its virtues I was all worked up to experiment with it to see if I could duplicate his results, but alas! None in the US that I could find and MacoDirect only ships chemicals within the EU. Any suggestions or experience with this developer that you might want to pass on will be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 02-12-2013 at 08:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yikes! 15 Euro for the developer and 30 Euro to ship, no thanks.
    But thanks for the info.

Shooter
    35mm

Order from Germany

I love analog & Acurol's my main developer. It's so much better than old Rodinal. The photos look great. When I'm in the US, I order from SPUR direct. I send an email to Heribert Schain (schain@spur-photo.com), pay in advance, and they'll send it all in no time. 1 bottle Acurol will go a long way. I develop nearly like 170 or so 35 mm films with that, and that saves me a lot of money. I order 4 250 ml bottles at 18.60€ = ca. 25 $ each. So 4 big bottles cost about 100 $. Shipment's 16.90 €, and that's about a little less than 23 $. Stock up on that stuff, pay a little over 123 $ overall, develop up to 800 (= eight hundred) 35 mm films with that as it's super dilutable, and the photos are so deck: sharp and stylish. I don't use anything else.

Love from Hipsterella

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin