Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,036   Online: 904

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Leaky Developing Tank

I have a couple of stainless steel small developing tanks (1x35mm) with the standard black plastic lids. I used one yesterday, and to my horror, it leaks like a sieve. It's almost like the chemicals panic and scale the stainless steel walls of the tank in a rush to get out, even when it's not inverted. It's almost scary.

I only switched to using said tank because the stainless lid on my regular stainless tank broke - the light baffle fell off.

Is there supposed to be an O ring or something inside the plastic lids? I assume they are designed for inversion agitation, so there must be something wrong somewhere. I really don't want to buy a new tank, and if there is an obvious fix, that would be great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may need to get some replacement lids they do not have o rings or gaskets, they are a compression fit..... I know that freestyle has some.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Are they a standard size so that I don't need to know the manufacturer etc?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check to make sure you haven't accidentally switched the lids between the tanks.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the lid carefully I have had one crack and begin to leak. Replacement lids are readiy available and they come in a standard size to fit all SS tanks.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin