Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,036   Online: 769

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

With Apologies to All Members

I know this is not the forum for what I am about to ask. Please accept my apolgies beforehand.

I would appreciate suggestions re: photographic sites in NY, CT, NJ and PA.

Thanks in advance and kind regards to all
    Jack Rosa

Hi Jack,
    maybe Sean could move the thread. I think there's a category called geographic locations, or something.

To answer your question, I've always liked the lower Hudson river valley, in the area around Bear Mountain and Iona Island. A little north on the New York side is Garrison and Cold Spring. Maybe we can arrange to get a group on NY area APUGers together some weekend to shoot.

Take care,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to get back to PA at some point with a camera. The covered bridges west of Philadelphia, Bucks county and Lancaster county, would be good subjects. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In Western PA (my home stomping grounds), any of the state parks is worth a visit. Autumn here is amazing, but just about any time of year will lead to good photographic possibilities. My current favorite is Moraine State Park. Try to get to the South entrance at opening time in the mornings for some great sunrise shots over the lake (assuming that the sunrise is a good one). You'll have enough time to drive up into the park, down to the lake, get set up, and wait for the light.

Depending on how much hiking you're willing to do and what specific subjects you're looking for, you can find incredible views all over the Northeastern US. I've been spending time recently shooting 8x10 B&W shots of old glacial rocks, lakes, and dead wood.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

To: Tom Duffy

[QUOTE=Tom Duffy]Hi Jack,

To answer your question, I've always liked the lower Hudson river valley, in the area around Bear Mountain and Iona Island. A little north on the New York side is Garrison and Cold Spring. Maybe we can arrange to get a group on NY ......

Thanks. I have taken a number of pictures in those areas: I like Iona Island especially but Cold Spring has some interesting vistas. I was hoping to find additional photo-worthy sites.

BTW, I would love to go out witha group of APUGers. I shoot 8x10 B&W.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

To: Tim

Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    I would like to get back to PA at some point with a camera. The covered bridges west of Philadelphia, Bucks county and Lancaster county, would be good subjects. tim

Tin: Thanks. I will do some internet reasearch on those areas.
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    .../...
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Tim, that is
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Mongo: Thanks. A bit far from NY but I will check it out. What is a Sr. Analyst for a manufacturing company?
    Jack Rosa

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin