Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,978   Posts: 1,523,693   Online: 1111

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My bad!
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    Hc110 would be another choice. Or just buy the 1L bags of d76 and whenever you need to soup some film just mix one of the 1L bags and roll with it until its gone.
    Good recommendation. From what I understand HC-110 was designed to be a liquid version of D76, so if that's what you normally use, HC-110 would be perfect. It's super concentrated, easy to mix, and lasts forever, even in high temperatures. The developer part is easy. The fixer would be more problematic in my opinion, since you need a concentrate that takes up more volume than film developer.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

NEED LIQUID DEVELOPER FOR ROAD TRIP

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Good recommendation. From what I understand HC-110 was designed to be a liquid version of D76, so if that's what you normally use, HC-110 would be perfect. It's super concentrated, easy to mix, and lasts forever, even in high temperatures. The developer part is easy. The fixer would be more problematic in my opinion, since you need a concentrate that takes up more volume than film developer.
    Wait is this true? Are they basically the same developer?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are not the same developer and the formulation is completely different. But the differences in working characteristics are normally relatively small.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    They are not the same developer and the formulation is completely different. But the differences in working characteristics are normally relatively small.
    Thank you, Michael. That is what I meant to say. Man, it isn't so much what we do say, but what we leave out in assumption.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    fixer is ez
    it is just a ovaltine jar with old fashioned hypo and a tablespoon ...

people always over complicate everything it is easy to keep things simple
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    fixer is ez
    it is just a ovaltine jar with old fashioned hypo and a tablespoon ...

people always over complicate everything it is easy to keep things simple
    What's in ovaltine that helps fix?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What's in ovaltine that helps fix?

~Stone

... its just a container for dry sodium thiosulfate in so you don't have to bring a 50lb bag with you on the road.
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ... its just a container for dry sodium thiosulfate in so you don't have to bring a 50lb bag with you on the road.
    Oh lol! Thanks

~Stone

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think you can get it in US, otherwise Ilford LC29 - the developer I use all the time. Mixes at 1:19 or 1:29.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin