Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,554   Online: 1041

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mistake made with Acros 100

Hi all, while out shooting in Kyoto today I noticed that I shot a roll of Acros at ISO400 instead of 100. How should I have this developed for best results? All shooting was outdoors in very nice sunlight. +2 stops? Or maybe just +1?

Thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll have to push your film 2 stops. Depending on your developer, your shadows might look dark and empty. Your images might still look good.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any recommended developer that is best for this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If just one roll and the shots are not to important , just increase the time using your regular devel .
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I made the same mistake and shot this at ISO 200 rather than ISO 100, so only needed to push one stop. Results with ID-11 diluted 1:1 were much better than I expected, although the original scence had really dark, hard shadows anyway.
    I would guess your results will defo be useable, but as Mainecoonmaniac says, you might lose considerable detail in the shadows.

Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    35mm

Acros @400

Get someone who can develop in Rodinal, 1:175 for two hours stand development. Get a copy of Iridescent Light, The Art of Stand Development by Michael Axel and start processing your own film.... you'll never look back. OR see the Caffenol site and use the formula for stand dev.
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I asked about something similar a while ago, this thread might have some useful info for you: click.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried pushing acros a while back when I didn't know what I was doing and it didn't turn out. Recently I've been successfully pushing Tri-X (and the same method, I understand, should work basically the same for Acros at these times and dilutions) with Rodinal 1:100 following these directions: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...6&postcount=47
    For future reference, the text:
    "Films that are shot at speed - 35mm -

Several minute water bath
    Rodinal 1:100 - disregard temperature unless extreme heat or cold
    1 minute of slow inversions, maybe 20 in 60 secs
    3 really hard thumps to dislodge air bubbles, very important
    DO NOT TOUCH for 59 minutes, a couple minutes extra will not harm anything(the DO NOT TOUCH is very, very important)
    3 water baths then fix and rinse

For medium format, I change the dilution to 1:125 and be sure to use 500mm of solution per roll. Everything else the same.

Pushed film, such Tri-X EI 6400 or Efke KB400 EI 3200...

Every 30 minutes swirl the tank, like you would a glass of wine, for 15 seconds. Do not invert!
    Total time - 120 minutes

That is it.

Some notes...

Expose for the highlights, you will have no trouble with shadow details. Very important to not over-expose as you can quickly lose highlights, if in doubt under-expose a bit.

Negatives will come out of the tank quite 'flat', even when shooting a very high contrast scene. Add contrast when printing or scanning."

I don't know quite how linear push processing times are, but he adds an hour (120 min total) to his push times to get a 4 stop push (so 15min per stop). I was going a little bit over 30min (closer to 45) to do a 2 stop push (just to be safe). Other people will have more objective suggestions, I lean in my developing times.
    Last edited by horacekenneth; 02-14-2013 at 09:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried pushing acros a while back when I didn't know what I was doing and it didn't turn out. Recently I've been successfully pushing Tri-X (and the same method, I understand, should work basically the same for Acros at these times and dilutions) with Rodinal 1:100 following these directions: http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...6&postcount=47
    For future reference, the text:
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    "Films that are shot at speed - 35mm -

3 really hard thumps to dislodge air bubbles, very important
    DO NOT TOUCH for 59 minutes, a couple minutes extra will not harm anything(the DO NOT TOUCH is very, very important)

For medium format, I change the dilution to 1:125 and be sure to use 500mm of solution per roll. Everything else the same.

Pushed film, such Tri-X EI 6400 or Efke KB400 EI 3200...

Every 30 minutes swirl the tank, like you would a glass of wine, for 15 seconds. Do not invert!
    Total time - 120 minutes

That is it.

Some notes...

Expose for the highlights, you will have no trouble with shadow details. Very important to not over-expose as you can quickly lose highlights, if in doubt under-expose a bit.

Negatives will come out of the tank quite 'flat', even when shooting a very high contrast scene. Add contrast when printing or scanning."
    I don't know quite how linear push processing times are, but he adds an hour (120 min total) to his push times to get a 4 stop push (so 15min per stop). I was going a little bit over 30min (closer to 45) to do a 2 stop push (just to be safe). Other people will have more objective suggestions, I lean in my developing times.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Diafine?
    - Bill Lynch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin