Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,430   Online: 1013

Shooter
    Multi Format

Longer Exposure Times with Ilford MGA 300 Paper?

I just started printing some initial tests with the Ilford Multigrade Art 300 (MGA 300) paper. My normal papers are MGIV FB and WT. At least on my first two prints the exposure times have been very long as compared to my fiber prints. Is anyone else finding this to be the case on a consistent basis? For example, the same negative required a time of 50 seconds for the MGA 300 vs. 20 seconds when using MGIV FB paper.

If anyone else has experience they could share I would appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I found this last weekend but with MGIV RC, I left the settings on when I did a test print on Art 300. I had to more than double the exposure time. However, I found that MGWT RC, I had the same exposure time as the Art 300. Seemingly Art 300 has the same emulsion as WT.
    Last edited by Ghostman; 02-14-2013 at 11:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    No
    I just printed two identical times , contrasts and the prints were matched... Ilford WT and Art 300

Shooter
    35mm
    Exactly as Mr.Carnie says and as seen in the Harman data:-

Multigrade FB & RC & Cooltone RC, P200 (or P500 unfiltered)
    Warmtone RC, P125 (P250 unfiltered)
    Warmtone FB & Art300, P100 (P200 unfiltered)
    Galerie FB (Gd.2 and 3), P400
    Ilfospeed RC (Gd.1,2,3), P500

Extreme precision would depend on exactly what sort of light-source you are using, but this is close enough to get the general idea of relative speeds.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wonder what the old Pal Print was -- is was very slow for an enlargement paper.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. Just what I was looking for.

Thank you!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin