Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,559   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Multi Format

B&W Negatives from Color Slide Film?

I was given a good deal of expired color slide film, but I work in B&W. I was wondering if it is possible to get B&W negatives from the slide film using normal B&W chemistry. If so, does anyone have any recommendations for time/temp/dev?
    ~ Michelle

Shooter
    35mm
    I did this once with E6 film, just as an experiment on a random roll of old film and my favorite developer, Rodinal. I like playing with different film and developer combinations, especially homemade developers. My testing is pretty unscientific, I mostly just try things and see what happens.

What I found with E6 slide film was that I would need to overexpose quite a bit - several stops? - to get a usable image; but I did get an image with a normal developing time (which of course, I failed to record, sorry). There was a yellow cast to the film. As for Kodachrome (K14 process film), I think there are a number of people using it as a black and whlte film (since it can't really be processed as color anymore). I am sure there are threads on APUG discussing this; I haven't tried it as I have no Kodachrome.

If you don't think you're going to use the film... I might be interested in some, what have you got?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi mfratt

come on in, the water's nice !

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/7...chemistry.html
    http://www.apug.org/forums/members/j...evelopers.html

it can be a real PITA to print traditionally though ...

have fun !
    john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin