Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,410   Online: 954

Shooter
    Multi Format

Advice requested - Using a "holding tank" for prints before washing

I've seen mention of using a "holding tank" for prints between fix and final wash.

I presume that it's fairly safe to dump prints into a large tray of plain water for an hour or two until I can get out of my makeshift darkroom and set them to wash properly?

If I'm going to do this, will it make it more worthwhile to have the holding tank filled with HCA (or equivalent, or even just a solution of sulfite)?

Shooter
    35mm

Advice requested - Using a "holding tank" for prints before washing

I put resin coated and fibre prints in a basin of water until I'm ready to wash them. I just use plain water, and have never had any problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a water holding tray after the first fixer.

At the end of the printing session I put the keeper prints through the 2nd fixer, then brief rinse, HCA and final wash.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

DAK

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have held prints on fiber paper overnight in a water filled holding tray and then toning and washing them the next day. RC paper may delaminate if left in water too long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    excellent, thanks to all for getting back to me so quickly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin