Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,027   Online: 729

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Double-X 100' rolls Special Order??

Do they make bulk 120/60mm non-perf film?

For me that would be more valuable...

I'm ALMOST done with 70mm... I keep saying that, but I mean it, it's just too hard to process... Even my home made tank is a disappointment... I need a REAL daylight tank, it's just such a pain, blah lol

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is wrong with your DIY tank?

Shooter
    127 Format
    Rich, that is a compelling photo of the Bay Bridge.

Although I haven't been up there for 30 years, I used to commute daily on that bridge for years.

Looking at your photo I feel I'm actually there. The detail and tonality is great.

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    ...I am particularly enamored by this film. Definitiely a bit more old school in it's look and a tad grainy (especially in Rodinal) but it has a contrast and a bite that I really like. I shoot it at 200-250:

- Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Double-X 100' rolls Special Order??

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    What is wrong with your DIY tank?
    It doesn't fully drain so the stop and fix take much longer and more Heavily contaminate and dilute the chemistry, it light leaks in bright sunlight.

Plus I hate hand rolling it all, I want a bulk loader and can't afford one.

I hate dealing with SS reels I like plastic auto loading reels.

Call me lazy but I come from 4 generations of engineers and so poor design and lack of ease in use REALY bugs me, 70mm could have been WAY better than 120 but had a lot of design flaws.

I still like it, I like the sprockets... I'm addicted and annoyed that I am haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

I don't use a bulk loader so 400ft rolls would be fine for me.

70mm I have no problem processing, I have a Nebro tank with an adjustable spiral and one of the settings is for 116 rollfilm, which happens to be the same width as 70mm.

Those Orwo films at 90USD for 400ft are a great deal, just wish there was a UK distributor, I've tried to find some but would have to order it direct from the factory. There are lots of image samples around the net and it looks like really nice film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grobbit View Post
    Those Orwo films at 90USD for 400ft are a great deal
    That's 16mm @ $90. the 35mm is $175 shipped.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by grobbit View Post
    Ooh, where can I buy that? I need some 70mm.
    eBay. It's 2405 Aerographic XX though, so extended-red. You can also buy fresh Rollei IR400 from macodirect at under $100 for 100'.

I'm not suggesting people buy this stuff to slit to 35mm - that would be insane - but to indicate that $100/100' for 35mm is very pricy. You can of course buy plenty of fresh Ilford etc in 35mm for under $50/100'.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    It doesn't fully drain so the stop and fix take much longer and more Heavily contaminate and dilute the chemistry, it light leaks in bright sunlight.

Plus I hate hand rolling it all, I want a bulk loader and can't afford one.

I hate dealing with SS reels I like plastic auto loading reels.

Call me lazy but I come from 4 generations of engineers and so poor design and lack of ease in use REALY bugs me, 70mm could have been WAY better than 120 but had a lot of design flaws.

I still like it, I like the sprockets... I'm addicted and annoyed that I am haha
    Get a Jobo 2521 tank (or longer, like a 2551) and two reels. Light proof, non-leaky, easy-loading plastic spirals, though can do only 220-lengths. You can do the same thing with a Paterson tank.

Shooter
    127 Format
    70mm is very handy for 116/616, also can be slit down for 120, 46mm for 127 and even split into 35mm unperforated for Instamatic 126. Maybe it even works for some sheet film cameras or copy negatives?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "Turns out that Plus-X is gone because the one particular machine that coated it broke, and it couldn't be repaired any more, same as Efke"

I call BS on this. Kodak shifted all of its film making to one plant in 2002 that could make all of the films under one roof, just changing the emulsions for the master rolls to be cut. One Kodak machine 'wearing out' for Plus-X? Ha.
    Perhaps you got the previous version mixed up, that version of Plus-X pre 2002 had the distinctive blueish film base.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin