Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,476   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    I can see very subtle drying marks in this scan, but nothing that would resemble the effect of bubbles. Maybe I need an eye exam?
    I wish they were drying marks, that would be a simple fix. I examined the negative surface and even rewashed and there was no change. I also thought it might be something on the scanning bed and repositioned my film to no avail. The marks are those faint light on the print and dark on the negative ( although I cant see them looking at the negatives) circles every time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    There you go, now that wasn't difficult was it?
    Well in my previous working methods I used and abused developers because I was working with different films and subject matter. For now I have begun to standardize on Tri-x 800 so D76 was an option down the list, just simply a matter of switching eventually.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by 250swb View Post
    It looks to me like frothing, as if the developer is 'fizzing' almost, with small air bubbles on the surface.

The first thing I would do is try another developer and don't risk another film. Then, if the new developer is succesful, take a step back and work out what may have gone wrong with your first option. Perhaps it is agitation that is too vigorous, perhaps check for grains forming around the bottle cap that aren't remixing into the solution, but to be honest it could be a number of things. You could try distilled water for mixing it just to factor out the water quality. And of course if the second developer exhibits the same traits as the first you know it is water quality or your technique.

Steve
    I agree and think this is what it is. Something tells me it has to do with the evenness of the tonality in the negative, or that may just be where it is able to be seen and also exists elsewhere.. In all the developers I have used (too many) I have never EVER had this issue.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    If you are experiencing frothing in the developer, make sure the tank and reel are cleaned properly after using Photoflo. You can switch to Edwal LFN for final rinse, uses less product and rinses clean with warm water for clean up, it can also be used in the developer to de-foam. You also should mix developer with bottled water to insure no entrained air in the water, or allow time for air to settle out.
    Thought it might be that too and properly washed everything before development, so i've pretty much ruled that out. The distilled water method is next on the list.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin