Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,733   Online: 1105

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FP4 and FP4+

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

FP4 and FP4+

Was there a difference between FP4 and FP4+ and HP5 and HP5+? Or was this a marketing invention to try and convince people that they have produced something new and better?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The films were improved, the knock on effect of advances in the control of emulsion making, however the change wasn't as significant as say FP3 to FP4.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The films were improved, the knock on effect of advances in the control of emulsion making, however the change wasn't as significant as say FP3 to FP4.

Ian
    Improved in what way for the photographer?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    llford reflect changes in the name something Kodak never did with Plus X, & Tri-X in 74/5 years.

Films improve, it's what we want & need.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Was there a difference between FP4 and FP4+ and HP5 and HP5+? Or was this a marketing invention to try and convince people that they have produced something new and better?
    I wonder if the marketing ploy was actually to under sell these a little? They maybe should have called them FP5 and HP6, but perhaps used the 'plus' as a way of suggesting an upgrade rather than a new emulsion, so as not to steal the thunder of the launch of the Delta series a short time afterwards? Just me speculatin'
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for this, but if you never push or pull, I can't find anywhere in that text what the difference is to exposure/development by the photographer, or reference to FP4 and FP4+. Sorry to be pedantic but I never noticed any difference.

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well if you never noticed a difference it's too late to ask over 20 years later

There's more important issues these days.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Well if you never noticed a difference it's too late to ask over 20 years later

There's more important issues these days.

Ian
    Sorry I asked.

Francis Bacon

I am shooting both FP4 and FP4+ regularly and I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin