Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,803   Online: 1165

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Darkroom water, grey water, black water

At the risk of beating a dead horse I would like some advice.

I am building a new home that will incorporate a grey/black water waste system.

I have been using a septic tank for over 12 years with no problems, so my question is this: Would you classify the water from a final print washer (after selenium toning, rinse, PermaWash or KHCA and a rinse) as grey or black?

I lean toward grey, GF leans toward black.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In my opinion it is gray water, the biggest part of the chemicals should be gone after a rinse. Ok I would not drink it, but for a toilet or so,
    it should be fine and I think it is a good idea to use it again before you waste it....

regards hans

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are talking about wash water, not the actual solution, the concentration of active ingredients are VERY low.

If you are implementing a system, why not ask the manufacturer of the system and find out if the system is capable of handling/treating low concentration of chemicals involved?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin