Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,255   Online: 1120

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Camera bodies are so cheap these days one can keep a daytime camera and a nighttime camera loaded with the appropriate films.
    That is my thought as well. In 35mm, I find 400 too grainy most of the time, unless you are going for that look. For medium format 400 speed makes life a lot easier since the lenses are slower and you need some depth of field.

My biggest problem is remembering what kind of film I have in each camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @Hatchet
    Tape the end of the film box to the back of your camera.
    That is a trick we used a LONG time ago.
    Then someone made a stick-on pouch that you would slip the end of the film box into. I don't know if they still sell this pouch.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Black camera for day, chrome camera for night..

Since I use OM-1 and OM-2 I leave the flash shoe off my day camera and the night camera has the flash shoe on it.

There's a system for everyone.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shoot 400 speed almost all the time. And the only time I shoot a slower film like FP4 is when I want longer exposure times shot on a tripod. I often use filters during the day, and in bright sunny condition with a polarizer and orange filter over the lens 3 stops are absorbed, so I may be shooting at f/8 at 1/60th of a second hand held. This could never be done with a 100 speed film. The only time I can get away with shooting a 100 speed handheld is when I'm shooting the lens near wide open. But then again my fastest lens is f/4. If I were you I'd keep shooting the 400 speed for everyday stuff and find a faster film for inside the bars like Delta 3200.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin