Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,819   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilfospeed compared to Gallery?

I recently ran out of my usual stock of MG, so I decided to print on some Ilford Gallery that I've had waiting in the wings to try out.
    What gorgeous stuff!!

With MG I proof on MG RC then make my "real" prints on fiber. It's very convenient to have the same emulsion on two kinds of stock.

Is there any similar tonality comparison to be made between Ilfospeed and Gallery? I like using RC to make evaluation prints before commiting to the effort overhead that FB papers require.

TIA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    I recently ran out of my usual stock of MG, so I decided to print on some Ilford Gallery that I've had waiting in the wings to try out.
    What gorgeous stuff!!

With MG I proof on MG RC then make my "real" prints on fiber. It's very convenient to have the same emulsion on two kinds of stock.

Is there any similar tonality comparison to be made between Ilfospeed and Gallery? I like using RC to make evaluation prints before commiting to the effort overhead that FB papers require.

TIA.
    Ilfospeed is a different emulsion to Galerie. Not sure about speed differences though. Simon should be able to give clearer info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. Maybe I'll send him a note if he doesn't pick up on the thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin