Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,753   Posts: 1,515,920   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some get it all for free...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I sent a $500 offer to the seller, who replies that he would accept no less than $750.

I'd be happy to buy about 1/3 of it at that price so do we have another two 70mm shooters who would like about 215' for $250? And if so, do you have empty spools to put your share on?

If not, I'm just gonna buy another 5 rolls (750') of 2405 from that Canadian guy. It's a bit crunchy but I like the glow and the price is right.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    sorry not with the release of the Ilford 70mm films... I'm all tapped out...

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Polyglot, sorry, can you please elaborate on "bit crunchy"? Is it your comment for the 2405 film??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    crunchy = there's a fair bit of grain; lots of little sharp edges like a muesli bar (granola bar, for the yanks). Yes, referring to the 2405, it's about as grainy as HP5 I think (I've not wet-printed any yet though will do some this week). I am getting to rather like the stuff though.

I'd like the 3409 as a possible replacement for Efke-25: grain about as fine as Acros/TMX but with (far!) better red response and a more-traditional S-curve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Muesli? ... yes Granola ... I'm not even sure how to pronounce Muesli ... is it "Moo-ess-leee"? or like "meez-lee"? or something else? Never ever have I heard that word lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    myoozlee. hence the translation
    Last edited by polyglot; 03-29-2013 at 08:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mucilage?

Just kidding. Some of us in the States know the term muesli. Stone, you may be familiar with Kellogg's Mueslix cereal?
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Mucilage?

Just kidding. Some of us in the States know the term muesli. Stone, you may be familiar with Kellogg's Mueslix cereal?
    I think you got it right with mucilage.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Kodak 3409 Aerecon 70mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Mucilage?

Nope, never heard of that, must be a southern thing? They have a lot of different words than the new englanders, and around here "yanks" specifically means New England area of the USA, but not the south or Mideast or west, just New England (upper right corner)

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin