Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,310   Online: 864

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in Ohio; we don't use those Southern words here, lol. Oh, and we drink pop, not soda.
    My best friend and I took a vacation to New England a few years ago; wonderful region.

When Mueslix (name of the Kellogg's cereal, not the generic name) came out in the late 80s or early 90s there was quite an advertising campaign on TV.
    It appears to still be around, but I've not really visited the cereal isle since I was in my early teens.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak 3409 Aerecon 70mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    I'm in Ohio; we don't use those Southern words here, lol. Oh, and we drink pop, not soda.
    My best friend and I took a vacation to New England a few years ago; wonderful region.

When Mueslix (name of the Kellogg's cereal, not the generic name) came out in the late 80s or early 90s there was quite an advertising campaign on TV.
    It appears to still be around, but I've not really visited the cereal isle since I was in my early teens.
    Lol "pop" is a southern word lol!

The first time some southerner used that word I tried to corrected them saying you mean suck on? Thinking they meant a Lilly pop or whatnot. Shows my ignorance at cultural language differences, but I still call it soda

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lolly pop? We call those "suckers." LOL
    In our area, Lolly Pops are those really large ones that are only for children. Suckers are smaller and for ages 7 and up.
    Jawbreakers are perceived as very large 1920s versions of Gobstoppers.

I've never quite figured out the pop versus soda thing. Pop is supposedly Midwest, but a few Midwest areas call it soda (diaspora aside). Northern, Southern and West-coast regions typically call it Soda as well. We all know what we mean, and tend to tease each other when in different areas. I only tease people with the Californian accent when they say "sew-da."

Before our time, I believe it was all Soda Pop, and different areas went different ways with it. I could be wrong.

Ever try a phosphate or a _malted_ milkshake? They were more prevalent in my father's childhood, but once in a blue moon I find a place that makes them, and they are a bit different.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is "pop" in Canada.

Soda is what the heathen add to their Scotch.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin