Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,329   Online: 943

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodak 3409 Aerecon 70mm?

There are some 650' rolls of Kodak 3409 on eBay. Reading the spec sheet, it seems to me that it could possibly act as replacement for some other super-slow films that have recently been discontinued. Kodak doesn't show it as discontinued (like 2405) but I don't see it for sale elsewhere.

Has anyone here tried it? That seller has flogged three rolls already so SOMEONE out there is using it!

A secondary question: would any 70mm users be interested (in principle) in splitting a roll? Given the thinner base you can't just judge length by filling existing spools so we'd need some means of counting sprocket holes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dont have a 70mm back, though would love to try this film.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Polyglot,
    This is the perfect example of what I was telling you about a few days ago. Under Ideal condition 650' will yield to around 260 -120 rolls. So, it comes to around $3.85 per single 120 roll. For that money you can buy almost any BW 120 film on Market. It will be fresh and with known history. Of course YMMV

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, it's a bit $$. I was considering offering maybe $600ish for it as I think $2.50/roll is reasonable for expired film.

However for me in AU, I pay about $1-2/roll extra in shipping, even 50 at a time. So the cheapest fresh first-class film I can get (Acros) is about $4.50/roll at my doorstep, more often $6/roll.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Polyglot, got it! There are quite a few of you from Australia here, maybe is time for some kind of film ordering co-op? We have similar story here, Freestyle is still taxing Canadians with hefty handling fees.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, we tend to do that frequently, at least within cities. No point doing it Australia-wide because our cities are mostly 700km+ apart and the re-postage kills any savings.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak 3409 Aerecon 70mm?

Side note I want to visit Australia badly, any idea of the prospect of couch surfing film friends?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Side note I want to visit Australia badly, any idea of the prospect of couch surfing film friends?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possibly. I gotta spare room with a bed, but the couch is there if you prefer.

I hope to be in the US in late June, but in MI.

@polyglot. I too would be interested in trying this film.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak 3409 Aerecon 70mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxleyroad View Post
    Possibly. I gotta spare room with a bed, but the couch is there if you prefer.

I hope to be in the US in late June, but in MI.

@polyglot. I too would be interested in trying this film.
    Well perhaps someday, I do prefer beds to couches haha, it is an American Phrase "couch surfing" "crash at your place" are silly phrases for staying over in place of a hotel usually with people with less money

I think there's even a website couchsurfing.com or something like that but I haven't used it haha.

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While this is only remotely OT, i can vouch for couchsurfing.com, having relied on it for months.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin