Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,340   Online: 1196

Shooter
    35mm

Info on Tetenal products?

I just got some Tetenal stuff to try out, (easy to get in Europe), and I'm having a terrible time getting capacities, shelf life, etc for the Superfix, Indicet, Lavaquick, etc. Their website is all but useless. Some bottles have a little information on them, others have almost none. What a hassle.
    I hope the products are better than their access to specifications.
    Does anybody use this stuff and have it figured out?

Shooter
    35mm
    I just tried the TetenalUK site and if this is an example of Tetenal in general then I agree it is far from user friendly. The webmaster has done a poor job under fixers as I could only get to a hardener product!!. However if you do a search on the site supplying the name such as Superfix then it will show you the product and give dilution and capacity.

An Ilford website it is not. There is the bare minimum there but you have to do the work. There might be full specs somewhere but user friendly like the Ilford site with full instructions it is not

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used some Tetenal stuff, and the keeping quality's are very good, I am still using fixer from a 5 litre bottle that I bought 3 years ago, and it is as good as the day I bought it Tetenal is one of the leading chemical manufactores in Europe, making stuff for certainly Patterson, and I believe make some of Ilford's chemistry, so they must be pretty good, I have used their toners, and at times their print developers and never had any problems. I have also used Indicet stop bath and it lasts ages, never goes off also their Mirosol 2000 is very good, lasts forever, so I wouldn't worry about them
    Richard

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On their web-site I found the capacities of all fixers, but not of the hardener.
    But I admit their website/information got worse on their colour chemistries.

To my experience with Tetenal the best way to handle any issues as yours is via telephone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin