Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,542   Online: 998

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well for a rookie your exposure and tones are so perfect!! So wow subscribe! And post in the gallery

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Stone! and you're right; it's time to subscribe and I will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those came out beautifully. I like the sewing machines too! Great job and it looks like you are having fun!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

More fun with HC-110

Quote Originally Posted by mindthemix View Post
    Thanks Stone! and you're right; it's time to subscribe and I will.
    no p reassure it took me 6 months to do. It, do. It when you're ready.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Really amazing shots!

I am completely sold on HC-110. Tried D-76 and ruined several rolls. HC-110 is amazing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

More fun with HC-110

Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Really amazing shots!

I am completely sold on HC-110. Tried D-76 and ruined several rolls. HC-110 is amazing.
    The characteristics of both developers are VERY similar, perhaps you have to adjust something else?

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    The quality is astounding. There is no other word for it, I would love to see an actual print before it had been through a scanner though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Tractors View Post
    Really amazing shots!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The characteristics of both developers are VERY similar, perhaps you have to adjust something else?

~Stone

Yeah, I don't get that. D76 has been the de-facto standard reference developer for decades for very good reasons. It isn't the best nor the worst at anything but it does a good, balanced job with pretty much all normal films. It's very easy to use. Its life once mixed is far better than Kodak says. A year in a full bottle is no problem. I have some more like 18 months old and while I'll probably mix a new batch just to be sure, the last time I used it a couple of months ago was perfect.

None of that is to take away from HC110 which I haven't used but have a bottle and plan to try. It lasts pretty much indefinitely, even Kodak says "indefinite" in the bottle unopened, and with a pipette or other small measuring tool is super convenient to mix at need. These results, as folks have said, are great. But I don't know why anyone would have problems with D76.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great pics, and since I'm just starting out with HC-110, this is really interesting!

Shooter
    35mm
    Great pics, and since I'm just starting out with HC-110, really interesting!
    I'm not sure how this happened.
    Last edited by hdeyong; 03-04-2013 at 07:04 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Duplication.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm doing my best to understand it myself,

I tried multiple rolls of tri-x, from the same batch, exposed under similar lighting conditions. Agitated them in my usual way. (continuous for 30 seconds, then 10 seconds each minute at the bottom half of the minute.)

D-76 was 1 to 1, for the listed development time, HC-110 was dilution B for 6 minutes, (I disagree with the 3-1/2 minute listed time. )

D-76 negs came out underdeveloped and thin, the only way I found that I can get decent negs from Tri-X in D-76 is to agitate 10 seconds every 30 seconds and develop at N+2 or N+3. And then they are still not as well developed as they are using HC-110 Dillution B for 6 minutes.

I have spend quite a few rolls of film trying to get D-76 to work for me, and I have used it very successfully tank developing quite a bit of Ilford HP-5+ 4X5.

EDIT: I am also now rating Tri-X (Expired) at ISO 200 and Fresh at ISO 320. I'm going to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Yeah, I don't get that. D76 has been the de-facto standard reference developer for decades for very good reasons. It isn't the best nor the worst at anything but it does a good, balanced job with pretty much all normal films. It's very easy to use. Its life once mixed is far better than Kodak says. A year in a full bottle is no problem. I have some more like 18 months old and while I'll probably mix a new batch just to be sure, the last time I used it a couple of months ago was perfect.

None of that is to take away from HC110 which I haven't used but have a bottle and plan to try. It lasts pretty much indefinitely, even Kodak says "indefinite" in the bottle unopened, and with a pipette or other small measuring tool is super convenient to mix at need. These results, as folks have said, are great. But I don't know why anyone would have problems with D76.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin