Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,686   Posts: 1,482,326   Online: 924

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Spursinn HCD. 51200 ISO developer.

In another thread I mentioned Spursinn HCD http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/spu...0ml-3441-p.asp

Well it seems a blogger in the UK has had a bit of movement with the stuff.

http://www.theonlinedarkroom.com/201...rsinn-hcd.html

I haven't developed any films with the stuff yet but now the weather is less awful, I'm gonna grab some and see what it can do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But... this amounts to... 3GBP pr 120 roll at 1:29? (My tank says 590ml pr roll)
    Last edited by nicholai; 03-04-2013 at 06:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Wagg View Post
    Well it seems a blogger in the UK has had a bit of movement with the stuff.

http://www.theonlinedarkroom.com/201...rsinn-hcd.html
    That blogger is a fellow from Apug...

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for that. The online darkroom is a new site and well worth a look. The comparison between TMax 400 in 4x5 in one developer and the same shot with a much slower ortho film but in 35mm and another developer is amazing in terms of how close in the blown up crop the 35mm come to 4x5.

There may well be something of a break through here by Spursinn but the crucial pics we need to see is say a 400 film like Tmax at 400, 800, 1600,3200 and say 6400 compared to say D3200 at the same ratings.

If TMax 400 in Spursinn can match say D3200 at even 1600 in tonal range and still maintain its grain which is finer by a mile compared to D3200 then this stuff will really look to be a winner

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I searched for results on flickr some time ago... and found a handfull photos of people saying it was tri-x / hp5 rated at 6400 (some of them were quite OK, some looked quite underexposed...) one single picture claiming to be a Tri-X pushed to 12800 (under daylight conditions) and several pics that are said to be Delta 3200 rated at 25600...
    I somehow do not really belief, you can rate any available bw-film at 25.600 (not to speak about 51.200), use this Spürsinn stuff and get non-lomo results.... (I would be happy to be proven wrong)

Shooter
    35mm
    It is why we need users to test the stuff. An open mind is needed. I hadn't realised that it was only as recently as 1979 that a new thing in music was launched. It was called the CD. I wonder what we'd have said about that on the music equivalent of APUG at the launch

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Two questions. First, is this available in the U.S. or must it be ordered from either the U.K. or Germany? Second, has anyone other than the manufacturer actually used it to push film? Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd be amazed if Ilford isn't in the process of testing this developer in the same way that Ford will buy a rival's new car and strip it down to see what makes it tick.

Has Spursinn found a combination of chemicals that represents a breakthrough. It remains to be seen

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The concept of pre-developing is nothing new I would think.

You can use a pre-developer for either low contrast and compensating amplification of the latent image without getting to visible density, so the secondary/normal developer has more to work with, or vice versa.

Eg. Weak phenidone pre-developer, high contrast 2nd developer. Or weak high contrast first developer, low contrast 2nd developer, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To get the true speed of a film, draw a straight line extended out from the B+F to infinity. This is done using the H&D curve. Then, note the deviation point of that H&D curve from the straight line. This is the inflection point of the emulsion and is the maximum point at which this emulsion can register an image. It is called "threshold speed".

Translate that into speed using standard methods and you get the max speed of that product.

Now, create a developer that swings the curve on that single point and you have a developer than can approach that speed point. At this time, the maximum threshold speed ever achieved is 25,000. These materials were never sold.

Unless the MSDS is published, it will remain to be seen if this new developer works well.

PE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin