Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,963   Online: 955

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I've had good results with SE6 and MGWT FB...but held off purchasing any of the even-more-expensive SE3...
    I still haven't tried SE3, but did just complete a trial developing MGWT FB in another ascorbic-based paper developer, LegacyPro EcoPro. Unfortunately, the results were fairly warm, not even close to neutral or cool. Fortunately, this developer provided the exact very-slightly-warm-without-green image tone I prefer when used on ILFOBROM GALERIE. GALERIE has now become my favorite paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...Connect Chemicals, current owner of the business that still manufactures Neutol WA and Neutol NE (under the names "Print WA" and "Print NE"), apparently also offers Neutol Plus as "Print Plus." See here:

I've written to Freestyle asking whether it would consider importing Print Plus but have not received a response yet. I'll update this thread if/when Freestyle answers.
    Update -- Freestyle never answered, quietly adding Print Plus to its offerings instead:

I've just completed a trial using it with Multigrade Warmtone fiber. Unfortunately, the results are distinctly warm. Apparently nothing commercially available cools that paper down like Moersch SE-6 developer does.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    ...Moersch SE3...is a two part ascorbic acid-based, supposedly cold-tone developer. I actually have a package of it which I had intended to test with Ilford MGWT FB but still haven't had the time to try it out...
    Michael, have you developed any Multigrade Warmtone fiber in the SE-3 yet, or are you testing that developer's unopened shelf life instead? Seriously, if you've made prints, what was their image tone? Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I chased this dream forever, eventually giving up and just using a reg'ol developer and the toning in T-26. With Simon of Ilford basically imprisoning the MG Cold Tone secret recipie, all's that's left is Moresch and neutral tone dev + T-26:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/g23/g23.pdf
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    I chased this dream forever, eventually giving up and just using a reg'ol developer and the toning in T-26...
    Andy, how would you characterize the "touchiness" of Muligrade Warmtone FB during the T-26 toning step? Is it as quick and difficult to control as that paper is in selenium toner? Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Gold only Sal. I believe I did 1 min or so of a MGIV and WT in 105 degrees of T-26.

Is cold sharp steely crisp....I love cold tone so much I now only use Slavich Unibrom (a bromide paper). Same deal 1 min or so in T-26 at 105F and you're good t'a go. Selenium after gold makes it all funky. Some like it but selenium always warms or purples it too much for me. Gold toned paper (T-26) is archival fwiw, selenium isn't required, unless you want those neat colors (they aren't my cuppa tea...but hey we can't all be the same )
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael, have you developed any Multigrade Warmtone fiber in the SE-3 yet, or are you testing that developer's unopened shelf life instead? Seriously, if you've made prints, what was their image tone? Thanks in advance.
    Ha. I will try to move this experiment up the list.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sal in addition to what I said above (#26) I guess I should have said it better - Yes, T-26 is quite active when heated to 105F, usually tones in 1min. If that's too fast for ya, using a lower temp and longer time will yield the same N. See, I'm usually short on time so 105F and 1 min are perfect for my style...
    Andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin