Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,329   Online: 726

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Pyrocat HD / Pan F Development

I've just begun to use Pyrocat HD Developer (PF in Glycol) and I am very pleased with it so far. The only thing I really don't like is the very limited list of film / developing times.

One that is missing from the list is Pan F.

Does anyone have any recommendations? If so please include temp. and agitation schedule used.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just asked the same thing recently. Althugh, I still haven't had a chance to shoot or process. See link below:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...t-hd-help.html
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksmiesak View Post
    I just asked the same thing recently. Althugh, I still haven't had a chance to shoot or process. See link below:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...t-hd-help.html
    It doesn't look like agitation was mentioned by anyone, which can make a considerable difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I usually do semi-stand development with my pyrocatHD so I was planning on sticking with that.
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Pyrocat HD for stand developing, one hour. It has worked so far with all of my films from FK 25 all the way to Neopan 400.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    I use Pyrocat HD for stand developing, one hour. It has worked so far with all of my films from FK 25 all the way to Neopan 400.
    I've never used stand development before and don't know much about the details.

Could I trouble you for the details; temperature, dilution, agitation (if any), etc?

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Agitation with Pyrocat is far less and has less dramatic effects than solvent developers. Typically, as a starting point with any film, I try 12 min, 72 f, with 30 second agitation out the gate, then 4 total agitations spread out over the period of the development accordingly. This is for 1:1:100. This means for 12 minutes, I do 30 sec agitation, then let stand till about 3:30, do 15 sec agitation, then wait till 7:00, then at 10 or something along those lines. Not nearly as critical.

Some films don't take as kindly, such as Foma films, so I bump it up to 2:2:100 at 10-12 minutes succesfuly, while Acros and Neopan from Fuji take the times listed above. I remember that when I played briefly with Pan F, that it was a longer development, but still 1:1:100. 14 minutes maybe? Shot at 50.

Here's an example from a handheld 6x9 taken in overcast. The actual print is way better, but you get the idea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinsInternet.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	560.0 KB 
ID:	65429
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin