Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,085   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps the OP is being confused by the booth being listed under "Harman Technology" rather than "Ilford"?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Well thats a rather big surprise since our Director responsible for North America, Steven Brierley flew to Chicago yesterday morning to attend the show, along with our US Marketing manager who is also present..
    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN tcehnology Limited
    Could be the start of a BBC mystery drama like "Dancing on the Edge". Some misguided people think that like that excellent drama, analogue belongs in the 1930s anyway

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the post was more an attempt to insult Fuji and Kodak than real shock at Ilford appearing not to appear. Same post showed up on photo.net
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    There's a Kodak booth, as well as one for Fuji (of course who really cares about K&F anymore?).
    Of course, who really cares about "DF" anymore. Howard Tanger

DF

"Who really cares about DF anymore" - what's that supposed to mean?

DF

Anyhow - my mistake. I use "Ilford" films and papers. I don't think of them as "Harmon Technology" films and papers. Nonetheless, why couldn't they list themselves plainly as "Ilford"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyhow - my mistake. I use "Ilford" films and papers. I don't think of them as "Harmon Technology" films and papers. Nonetheless, why couldn't they list themselves plainly as "Ilford"?
    Because there is another Ilford - based in Switzerland.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format

Check out the film at ilford.com

I see you've never gone to ilford.com to check out "Ilford's" wide range of B&W films, papers, chemicals, and filters.

The photo industry is not that big. I would think any B&W shooters that attend such events are aware of Harman technology... It's written in bold block capital letters on all the film boxes.

This thread was entertaining.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford.com

would bring you to Ilford, the colour people so to say.

Not to Ilford Photo, the b&w people.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Well thats a rather big surprise since our Director responsible for North America, Steven Brierley flew to Chicago yesterday morning to attend the show, along with our US Marketing manager who is also present.. we always support and attend this event

No doubt they will be delighted to see all visitors.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN tcehnology Limited
    Shucks! Wish they had sent you, but I am happy to hear your colleagues will be in town. As always, thanks for you and your company's commitment to analog. Hope your colleagues have a engaging time here meeting the community, there is a bit a snow on the ground - maybe you are lucky they didn't send you
    Andy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin