Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,129   Online: 1188

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DF

Yes I did - got a roll of T-Max.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    Had a great time, and of course, went to the Harmon-Ilford booth

H A R M A N, not Harmon, Hairmen, Herman, Human or anything else. Someone is going to turn up in this thread via Google at some point, and go off to look for black-and-white film made by a non existent manufacturer and conclude that film is dead . . .

Slight exaggerration of course, but seeing as they are putting in a lot of effort and taking a lot of risks we might as well get the name right, no?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You didn't by any chance stop by the Kodak booth did you?

Yeah, it was sad. Fuji and Harman had far better booths.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    H A R M A N, not Harmon, Hairmen, Herman, Human or anything else. Someone is going to turn up in this thread via Google at some point, and go off to look for black-and-white film made by a non existent manufacturer and conclude that film is dead . . .

Slight exaggerration of course, but seeing as they are putting in a lot of effort and taking a lot of risks we might as well get the name right, no?
    More likely they will just see the 'film is dead' text in your post and quit there... ("big data" joke)

Oh, by the way web searchers: PHOTO FILM IS ALIVE !!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its easier if you know the man.....

Alfred Hugh Harman, was a photographer in South London who founded ILFORD ( at ILFORD, Essex...now part of the Greater London Metropolis ) in 1879 to manufacture glass plates, and whom after we named our company when we took over the business 8 years ago....if you buy ILFORD Selenium toner you even get a picture of him ( and his dog ) on the side taken in his retirement at Haslemere, Surrey, ENGLAND.

He was a founding member of the Haslemere photographic society, they very kindly invited me to the centenary celebrations and I got to see his house, and the church that he endowed and where he is buried. AHH died in 1913.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I stopped by the booth as well and had a lovely time there! I am waiting to be told by my school that I have equipment money to spend.... I very much want to see some of your pinhole cameras in my classroom!

I also want to add that in a great many of the presentations I went to during the weekend, there was a great deal of support for maintaining darkrooms in the schools. Instead of the "film is dead" nonsense, we heard that it has its place alongside the all the imagemaking mediums and should not be lost.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I would have tried to meet you, but since the hotel's internet cost too much for my meager budget, I didn't know you were looking to meet anyone. Harman had a great booth, and I loved the fact that they are picking up the MOD45 product and distributing it with improvements. Great lectures going on and some really interesting work at the curator's walkthrough.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I stopped by the booth as well and had a lovely time there! I am waiting to be told by my school that I have equipment money to spend.... I very much want to see some of your pinhole cameras in my classroom!

I also want to add that in a great many of the presentations I went to during the weekend, there was a great deal of support for maintaining darkrooms in the schools. Instead of the "film is dead" nonsense, we heard that it has its place alongside the all the imagemaking mediums and should not be lost.
    I know, it was great. I really appreciated going by the Harman booth. As I continue to invest in analog photography I often wonder if I will have wasted my money if it goes away. Harman gives me reassurance that my money is well placed.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Its easier if you know the man.....

AHH died in 1913.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Gee Simon, you are a lot older than I thought .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Gee Simon, you are a lot older than I thought .
    With age comes much wisdom
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin