Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,736   Online: 1137

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak TMAX P3200- bought 18 rolls...now what?

Always wanted to try this film, and guess it's now or never. All 18 rolls expire on 12/14, but I've heard that it'll fog way before ?
    Now that I have it, what should I shoot?
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    dark things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    dark things.
    Great reply

TMax 3200 is a fantastic film. I love it because it looks to my eyes a lot like the previous version of Tri-X, but it's sharper and somewhat finer grained. My advice is to shoot it at 1600, and just go have fun with it. It's great for evening and night photography. With a hand held camera and 35mm f/1.4 lens I've been able to get nice 16x20 prints from 1/15th second shutter speeds. That seems to jive with what most street lights provide good light at. You could even shoot at 3200 at 1/30th second and not worry too much about camera shake.
    I used Rodinal, FX-37, or replenished Xtol to process. All worked really well. The film loves any developer you throw at it. Just run one or two test rolls to make sure you have your process down before you embark on your adventure.

Enjoy the film!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Delish... tones and grain even at 800 but 1600 was always normal looking as opposed to pushing TMax400 that far.. I always used the T-Max developer and Kodak's suggested times/agitation, etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    Always wanted to try this film, and guess it's now or never. All 18 rolls expire on 12/14, but I've heard that it'll fog way before ?

Thanks!
    I've heard that its in the stars next July we'll collide with Mars. It'll fog way before it's expiry date?

It's the self destruct stuff that was left over from Mission Impossible. You cannot trust anybody these days especially that Spock character

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Enjoy the film and don't worry about the expiration date. For many years, I rated the stuff at 1,600 and processed it in HC110 Dil. B for 8-9 mins. It's a lovely film, as others have said -- too bad Kodak decided to kill it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > that it'll fog way before ?

Yes, it wil fog, but it remains useable.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a nice film, I have a few rolls left myself. Don't worry, it won't fog (at least not noticeably) before the expiration date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    freeze it when not shooting
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!
    I guess I'll do some lurking in dark interiors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin