Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,381   Online: 776

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Doing some Google searching for 'copper intensifier' turns up many different types/formulas/approaches. However, Google searching for "Ansco copper intensifier" shows it was $5 a package in 1960 and 'that you simply disolved the power in water and it was ready to use'.

Sadly, for copyright reasons the articles are shown only in a brief 'snippet' form. It would take a trip to a library to read the full articles.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ansco Copper Intensifier - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Doing some Google searching for 'copper intensifier' turns up many different types/formulas/approaches. However, Google searching for "Ansco copper intensifier" shows it was $5 a package in 1960 and 'that you simply disolved the power in water and it was ready to use'.

Sadly, for copyright reasons the articles are shown only in a brief 'snippet' form. It would take a trip to a library to read the full articles.
    Thanks I Did the same search and because of all the results I was confused that's why I asked, I'm glad you saw the Ansco specific one. At least it's "ready to use" haha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ansco Copper Intensifier - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Yep - you use intensifier to make an underdeveloped negative "thicker", so it will print with brighter highlights, while still giving dark and detailed shadows in the print.

And you use reducer to thin out a negative, so it will print with darker shadows when the highlights look good in the print.

No opposites involved though - intensifier makes the negative itself look thicker (less transparent), while reducer makes the negative itself look thinner (more transparent).
    Thanks Matt,

That was clear, appreciate it.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin