Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,796   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What I do at my community darkroom is after the prints are washed I squeegee the prints off and place them face up in the back of my SUV. They sit on a carpeted floor mat. I print on FB paper up to 11x14. I usually have no more then 6 prints. I only have about a 25 minute drive home. Once home I put them face down on a window screen to dry. Never had a problem with them.
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had to practice it few times. I took out my prints from the tray just before leaving the darkroom (to keep them as wet as possible), packed into a thick black plastic bag that the paper is stored in and sealed it tightly with adhesive tape. Worked for me, after 30 min of driving prints were still wet.
    Gracjan Ziółek, gracjan.art.pl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had the same problem with RC prints of sticking together but not with matt fiber. I take my matt fiber prints freshly squeegeed, lay them on top of one another in a tray and take them home, no sticking. On my drive I will occasionally thumb through them just to reassure myself they aren't but none have so far. Not sure if that works with glossy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You should have no problem with FB paper, they take a long time to dry so as long as they are in a tupperware box and straight out the wash they should be fine for 2 hours +. Make sure they are all the same way up ( emulsion : print side up ).

Do not do this with RC prints, especially GLOSS as the water does not penetrate the surface and they can stick together very quickly, especially emulsion side to emulsion side, you can normally get away with it by re-wetting, but its possible you could cause damage.

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If they are not fully washed before you leave for home, make sure they remain wet, as dried fixer cannot be washed out.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Thanks all for the advice, sounds like a majority in favour of sealed buckets/boxes and maybe some water. Will try the various combinations and see what works best.

Then i can see how i get home if i decide to use the train!!

Appreciate all the help.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Transporting wet prints

I am NOT EXPERIENCED with prints, but unless I'm missing something, can't you just go to Home Depot and have plexiglass sheets cut the same size (or an inch bigger) than the prints then put them in a container with water and stack the prints print/plexiglass/print/plexiglass/etc/etc...

Leaving the container filled with water?

The plexiglass would prevent excess movement and is less pressure than glass, and would keep them stable?

Or am I totally off base here?

Can you also leave them to dry there and go back the next day?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For a few years I had a remote darkroom. If you put the wet prints in some type of tray with a lid they will not dry out. I did this all the time since I preferred to finish the prints at home. I even would stop on the way and meet friends from time to time. If you are using fiber paper you will have a long time before any problems arise.

In other words, I agree with Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about jobo drums or equal? Wouldnt that work? Just fill em up with water, and go.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin