Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 809

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Photo Warehouse Ultrfine Films?

Hey guys,

I think I asked this question, however I don't remember getting a difinitive answer on how good it is? Has anyone used this line of film. I'm interested in using the 120 Black and White.

Link: http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ulxtblwhfiis8.html
    Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure it will work fine. I don't think there is any bad film out there, just picky. I can't speak to the characteristics of ultrafine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have used the ultrafine extreme 100 in 35mm and like it. very fine grain, nice contrast and extremely flat!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great!! Next film buy, I'll have get some and give it a try.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo Warehouse Ultrfine Films?

I've read before that Ultrafine is Lucky/Shanghai film, and that Ultrafine Extreme is Kentmere, but don't necessarily take my word for it. I haven't used any of it yet, so I'm not qualified to say.

Shooter
    35mm
    Whether Ultrafine buy film from Ilford/Harman I have no idea, but note that Ilford have unequivocally stated that films carrying their own brands (such as the Kentmere ones) will never be resold as white-label films. That doesn't mean that they aren't coated by Harman, just that the white-label products are NOT the same as the Ilford and Kentmere emulsions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We shot Ultrafine films in the hghschool classroom where I worked for years and had very good results. The quality control seemed to be quite acceptable for the years when we used it. I believe most f what we got was Foma. Having said that, I have also to say that film suppliers who put their own name on things have been known to mix sources. I will say that the folks at Photo Warehouse were always great to work with.

Shooter
    35mm
    My experience with the customer service people is not that good. They have always been rude and condescending to me. I send an email asking a specific question and they only half answer it, if I hear from them at all. The products they sell are exactly as advertised, but their customer service needs a lot of improvement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    400 extreme is awesome both 135 and 120

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All of Ultrafine house brand film and paper I have used over the past year or so all seem to be Foma, same developing times and film bases. Not Lucky or other film from China. Ilford clamis not to resell film or paper as house brands. Ultrafine does sell Kodak and Ilford reloads. I am happy with Foma 200 which is sold by Freestyle as one of its house brands but not carried by Ultrafine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin