Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,720   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's fine. You can buy a bunch of colour film, travel Africa with it for three months and no refrigeration and it will all come out perfectly. Cold is only needed in the long-term, a month of room-temps is nothing.

The only problems occur if it got over about 30C for any amount of time. Highly unlikely in a closed fridge, IMHO.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys.

Charles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check to be sure that you don't have any mold growth. The low temperatures mean it is probably fine, but I have seen bad mold growth in a fridge that was unplugged inadvertently.
    Check all packages. If mold is found, take everything out and clean the fridge with a bleach solution, then wipe it with damp cloths to remove the bleach residue. Leave it open until it dries. Discard any moldy cardboard packaging or moldy bags and bag everything fresh. If you cannot discard something, clean it with a weak bleach solution, then wipe it with a clean damp cloth and let it dry completely before putting it back in.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oh Oh Someone unplugged my refrigerator

Just smell the fridge, if it's a little off you wanna take it all out and check. Some smaller fridges have a mini freezer icebox that can accumulate condensation into ice. If that melted onto your cardboard boxes that can lead to mold growth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin