Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,062   Online: 999

Shooter
    Multi Format

Eastman direct positive movie film

On an impulse buy on that auction site I picked up three rolls of Eastman DMP 5360 film. The film is blood red and has an ASA of <1. I don't develop myself yet and my lab uses TMAX developer. Any ideas on time and temp with TMAX 1:4 so I can get a decent image?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Got it. I don't have the option to change developer from TMAX though. I suppose I could just wing it and have the dev the first roll @ 7 min & 25 C or whatever their machine can do that would give me the most development. They weren't receptive to changing concentrations from the stock 1:4 for TMAX. If I can't get something that way I will hold out until I can access a dark room and do it myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would suggest the latter. It is ortho film, so you can turn on the life and inspect it during development - a manageable risk. I would suspect paper developer may be ok here as it is a really slow film.

I checked on flickr and the guy that sells it seems to be the only one with samples there. Maybe you should post some of your wild and crazy shots! :0
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The results I got with it are here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/9...m-its-red.html

You really have to develop the living crap out of it to get decent images (and that's after already exposing the crap out of it!)

I don't think a machine set up to develop standard B&W film with TMax developer is going to cut it. Time to get a tank and reel and some jugs of chems!

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might just be that time....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin