Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,696   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

FujiFil Ag Guard advices...

Hi everyone,
    a friend of mine sent me a bottle of Fujifilm Ag Guard to try it, but I have some problem about to use it.
    I'm not able to read Japanese, so I don't understand how to use it, dilution, minute and others information.
    Can anyone in the forum help me?
    Thanks

Stefano
    Italy
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can read Japanese. Can you photograph the instructions and post it here or PM it to me?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I wait for Photo8x10 to reply...

Fuji AG Guard is basically a same product as AGFA Sistan. To use, dilute it according to the instructions and soak your print AFTER COMPLETE WASH for a minute or two and squeegee the excess, then let dry. It is supposed to actively protect silver in the emulsion. I have the AGFA version of the product but rarely use it.

Interestingly enough, when used with FB paper, it prevents paper from curling so much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    Fuji Ag Guard is basically a same product as AGFA Sistan. To use, dilute it according to the instructions and soak your print AFTER COMPLETE WASH for a minute or two and squeegee the excess, then let dry. It is supposed to actively protect silver in the emulsion. I have the AGFA version of the product but rarely use it.

Interestingly enough, when used with FB paper, it prevents paper from curling so much.
    Chemically, Ag Guard is very different from Sistan - the active ingredient in Ag Guard is 2-(amidinothio)ethanesulfonic acid, while Sistan is potassium thiocyanate in a wetting agent.

More here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200605091...x.php/Ag_Guard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I know well Sistan of Agfa, I use it for my all my final prints... But I'm very curious about this product. I try to attached the image of the instruction, maybe not very good quality, but now I don't have a digital camera available.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agguard.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	65758

If you can't read well, I try to have a better image, and I'll send you by PM, thanks a lot for your help...
    Last edited by photo8x10; 03-15-2013 at 08:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji AG guard is for B&W silver based negative and print and to stabilize them for long term.

Characteristics
    Easy handling, high level of image stabilization effect
    Does not alter tone or color of silver based images
    Has similar effect as to "DryWell" when it comes to prevent spotting

How to make treatment solution
    Dissolve entire content to 8 liter of water and agitate until even mixed. (this is ratio of 1 part solution and 4 part water)
    Warning If original solution was stored frozen due to low temperature, after it thaws in room temperature (20 - 30C), it may precipitate white cloudy sediment. (ingredients precipitated out). In such cases, shake entire container until the sediment dissolves. It will have no effect on performance.

How to use
    Depending on storage condition of silver based images as a result of B&W development processes (negative and print), you may use one of below method, 1 and 2.
    1-1. After normally processing B&W development processing and after the last water washing, remove water well. After that process, soak for 1 minute. If already dry, soak for 1 minute as is.
    1-2. After 1 minute of soaking, remove from treatment solution and let dry naturally or by heated air.
    Warning - after drying, if back of film shows uneven precipitation of the solution, wipe off using soft cloth

2. Use clean soft cloth, or sponge, soak the solution and wipe the image side gently. Let dry naturally or with heated air. (Convenient for large prints and ones pasted to panels) However, if diluted further, effect of image preservation will be reduced. Using undiluted solution will provide maximum effect)

Processing capacity
    Per 10 liter diluted solution

B&W film - 135 (36EXP) 600
    . 4x5 sheet 2500
    B&W paper Cabine (?) 2000 - I think this is 4x6 or 5x7
    4-cut(?) 500 - I THINK this is 8x10 equivalanet

Warning concerning treatment
    Image stabilization effect will be reduced if treated film or paper was re-washed or soaked in other solutions
    This treatment will not stabilize products that are under fixed or insufficiently washed
    Do not use on color materials

Diluted solution (solution for use) preservation and keeping properties
    Store in relatively cool place away from direct sun
    Depending on water quality, the solution may become cloudy. Use after filtering

If there are product defect, we will replace. For anything else, please forgive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please ask questions if anything is unclear. I translated it without much concern for proper sentence structures in resulting English.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correction -

4-cut refers to 25.4cm x 30.5cm which is 10 x 12 inches

Cabine refers to 12.0cm x 16.5cm which is 4.7 x 6.5 inches

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Wow!! Thanks a Lot, all it's very clear, you did a great Job!!At the next printing session I'll try it...

Stefano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're very welcome. Glad to be of service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin