Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,102   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    The lab is Custom Color in Vancouver. They are one of the few remaining labs left there. As for anyone else using the film, as far as I know- they've never seen the film before.
    I'm fairly familiar with Customcolor - they do my E6 (through ABC).

You might consider making an enquiry with The Lab to see if they have worked with the film: http://www.thelabvancouver.com/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd send to THE LAB if they were close to me, but I live an hour and half out of Vancouver and get my B&W films sent through either London Drugs or Lens and Shutter which both send to Custom Color. Its not practical to drive to Vancouver to get developing done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the information that is available, I note the following:

Ilford gives times (4 minutes) for the films in T-Max RS at 24C.

Kodak gives times for a bunch of their films in both T-Max RS and X-Tol stock at 24C.

The Kodak time for the new T-Max 400 (TMY2) in T-Max RS at 24C is 4 1/2 minutes - which is close to 4 minutes - just a 12.5 % increase over the Ilford recommendation for their Pan films in T-Max RS at 24C.

The Kodak time for the new T-Max 400 (TMY2) in stock X-Tol at 24C is 5 1/4 minutes - which isn't far from 4 minutes - just a 16.7 % increase over the Ilford recommendation for their Pan films in T-Max RS at 24C.

So I would ask Customcolor to use their times for TMY-2 plus 16.6%.

You could do the same sort of comparison and extrapolation with other Kodak films, like Tri-X 400.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by braxus View Post
    The lab is Custom Color in Vancouver. They are one of the few remaining labs left there. As for anyone else using the film, as far as I know- they've never seen the film before.
    That begs the other option - if you're going to depend on someone else's lab, shoot film they can readily process. Pan-F Plus, FP4 Plus and HP5 Plus will be routine for them, I expect.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin