Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,256   Online: 997

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    The way to learn the art of loading SS reels is with a 127 reel and a roll of Efke 100. If you can load that you can load anything.
    I have never been able to get one of these onto a plastic reel (which I often use)
    Mark
    I can load that.

The only reason I got a Patterson tank was because of the inability to find 127 steel reels, but that has been rectified. Nothing worse than 127 Efke on plastic reels. (Except 120 Efke on plastic reels)(curl baby, curl!).

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This might be slightly irrelevant at this point but.. The advice to listen while you load the film is absolutely invaluable.. Crinkling/binding/bending and nasty noises are no good. I find it easier to load 120 on stainless as opposed to plastic and the easiest stainless reels for me are the Hewes brand.

Once you learn how to load a Hewes, you can load just about anything..
    Just my $0.02 as i've smashed many a plastic reel...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Kindermann used to sell tools for loading their SS reels, one for 135 film, one for 120 film, I do not know, if they still do. These days I do all my 120 stuff in the big Jobo 2500 reels, they are MUCH better than the 1500 reels. In the 1500 tanks I use Hewes reels for 135 films.

Regards,

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin