Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,444   Online: 1222

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Perhaps we could try asking John Sexton for a contact. He's got the inside track to Kodak technical if anyone does.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Then call those numbers. That is about all I can say.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Then call those numbers. That is about all I can say.
    PE
    I called one number yesterday and the other today. Both cases led to customer support who knew nothing and tried to transfer me elsewhere. But today, it resulted in being put on hold and finally hearing this message: "We are presently too busy; please call us back at another time."

I think I'll try entering a new problem-report through their web-site, but I'll start it with "Film issue: ...". Hopefully that cause somebody to route it to their film-division. Surely Kodak has somebody in the film-division who can receive trouble-reports.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could also check with one of the vendors like Canham cameras; they may have a contact person who can help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also, have you checked another film size such as 120 or sheet film? Those at least need to be coated separately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark, if you call 1-800-242-2424 (I got this number from John Sexton) and dial extension 19, then select no options and just wait for a person, you will get to the remnants of Kodak Pro support. I have just called to check, and I spoke to a nice lady who confirmed that they can offer TMax-related support, but they are very limited with the information they have, as they focus on equipment nowadays. However, she said she could pass your query on to someone else. I had an impression that this number used to go to a more dedicated team focused on Professional Imaging Solutions, but it is now being routed to a different group.

She was kind to give me her email address, too, I will PM you that in a moment.

Good luck, and thanks for all of your work.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafal Lukawiecki View Post
    Mark, if you call 1-800-242-2424 (I got this number from John Sexton) and dial extension 19, then select no options and just wait for a person, you will get to the remnants of Kodak Pro support.
    Rafal, thanks for the number, and for the PM with the contact. It's a pity that it's so difficult to get a trouble-report into Kodak's film-division. It appears that that division is isolated from its customers, which is a dangerous way for any company to operate. It only takes one hour per day for an employee to monitor and respond to a couple of Internet forums, which is a negligible expense even for a company fighting off bankruptcy.

@L Gethardt: Testing 120 film is a good idea. I've done all my work with 35mm, but after reading your suggestion, I realized that I have everything needed for testing 120 as well -- except the film. I think I'll add some to my next order.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was wondering if anything ever developed further on this strange curve, the inquiry to Kodak, or further (non 35mm) tests?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by GraemeMitchell View Post
    I was wondering if anything ever developed further on this strange curve, the inquiry to Kodak, or further (non 35mm) tests?
    A test-engineer at Kodak contacted me by email. He read this thread, and Kodak decided to run some tests. They ran samples from several batches of film which they had stored. These batches were dated before, during, and after the failing batches reported here. All turned out fine! He even sent me the graphs. All were fine.

I wanted to ask him to run tests of film purchased on the open market. Both Michael R and I saw this problem, and Kodak didn't, and that suggests to me that this issue is related to storage-conditions. But the last email sounded like Kodak had decided that everything was fine, and wasn't going to investigate this more, and that's how the story ended.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark, thanks for all the work you've done on this stuff.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin