Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 723

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Aside of that I have to admit that PET bottles in the grade intended for re-filling would be a good container for transport technically-wise.
    What I repeatedly encountered though has been the caps breaking. Just so, not due to falling.

The caps are from PE or PP and tear at the corner between the top and the threaded part where the rim of the bottle hits the top of the cap. Most probably due to excessive force.
    I have found caps with varying thicknesses at this part.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-20-2013 at 12:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Get a car? or a buddy to drive you, I think places like this would expect you to have a car or transportation, I mean, how do you expect to get the prints back home safely without damaging them? Walking with a bunch of chemicals and print paper is probably not something they designed in their sales model as it's honestly just silly to do. Then again what do I know.. lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think JOBO bottles would be the most convenient. They are very sturdy, are not prone to leak and are square, so they will fit very snuggly together in your backpack or a carry bag. I know that's what I would use. And yes, I would just pour enough stock into each one so that when I arrive all I have to do is to top them off with water, shake and pour into the tray or the printing drum. If you use stock concentrate, then even the temperature is of no issue since you'll be mixing with warm water on site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin