Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,456   Posts: 1,570,577   Online: 935

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Split Printing

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    I haven't tested split development after split printing but it seems to make a lot of sense.
    Are you using water-bath dev or hard/soft combo?
    See my post in the Chemistry Recipes section on Divided B&W Paper Developers.
    The answers to your question are there.

Larry

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    The two coats of emulsion explanation is old technology. Ilford VC paper is now coated in one emulsion that is made up of three different emulsion mixes and mixed at the time of coating. I have been reliably informed by the person in Ilford who designed Warmtone that the idea that two emulsions sensitive to different colours of light is the reason that split grade works is not entirely accurate.
    Thanks for this correction, Les. I was sure that there was someone out there who knew more about the emulsion part than me. Whatever the sensonometric/chemical science, I'm just glad it works and that someone turned me on to it many years ago. It may have even been in an old Camera 35 article or something like that, which tells you how long ago it was.

Larry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin