Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,278   Online: 802

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Returning to lith?

I have been out of action for a couple of years, but have just bought a house with a basement (and therefore a darkroom ).

I used to use mainly Fomatone and Kentona in Moersch lith developers, but I have heard that Fomatone have changed their formula (so it's now a non-lith paper) and Kentona is no longer available.

Are there any lith papers left? I have some old boxes of Kentona, Foma and Adox, but these won't last long - if they are still any good...

I assume Moersch and Fotospeed LD20 are still around.

Thanks.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fomatone isn't lithable? News to me! Fomatone and Fomabrom both lith quite well, finding that Fomabrom is granier and lends itself to larger prints.

Ilford Warmtone liths as well, but has special needs. I believe Kentmere has a paper that liths well too, but I forget which one.

Tim Rudman's site as well as the Unblinkingeye both have lists available.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'd forgotten Tim Rudman's newsletter which I have just checked.

According to him Foma have just changed their emulsion so no longer lithable, but I have a few boxes of old stock. It looks like Slavich Unibrom might be the way to go now...

My experiences with Ilford WT were not so great. I don't think it's a true lith paper, but it was a long time ago.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim Rudman's newsletter has just been issued and he notes that Foma had to reformulate their Fomatone papers recently because of gelatine supply, and that early tests show it's not as "lithable".
    http://www.timrudman.com/mailing_list

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah their emulsion changed lately so its more semilith than lith as Rudman notes. sign up for his newsletter and all will be revealed. Old paper is a good bet, it crops up every now and then. most agfa papers i have had have lithed to some extent and kentmere vc select will second pass lith nicely (print in standard dev, bleach back slightly and redev in lith - remember to overexpose slightly). slavich unibrom paper liths very well also.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is depressing reading this...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/co...nowhow/lang:de

Grundlange der Lith-Entwicklung(1), (2) and (3).

Unfortunately, this is in German.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Man...I literally am about to finish my 20x24 setup to soley print lith (Fomatone in 20x24)...this really sucks
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mr. Moersch is in Facebook, you can chat with him directly.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin