Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,747   Posts: 1,483,771   Online: 775

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fujifilm announces "substantial" (at least double digit) price increase on film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A better alternative than extinction...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agreed, all said and done this is the best possible news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as they don't discontinue Acros, I am alright with the price increase.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's relative, Fuji films became cheaper than Kodak & Ilford. our problem is a slight increase from a manufacturer becomes a much larger increase at point of sale and the end seller makes much more profit.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The earlier press release on discontinued products and packaging changes already made clear that price increases of up to 25% would be a reality.

120 Reala and Acros are two of my favourite films and can be had at very reasonable prices despite last year's increases. I can't imagine there will be a huge markup on top of this on the retail end, and I expect the pricing will remain competitive for these products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not news. Most of us have known since mid-January of an impending increase of 25% from early April.
    Mind you, $44.80 (retail price here in Australia with this increase tacked on) is a very, very steep price to pay for a roll of Velvia. I have sufficient stocks for 12 months to keep me going, after which I'll critically evaluate my direction. These significant price increases are not sustainable (two retailers' own words) and I predict retailers will feel the pinch of stocking film that people will now not be inclined to buy on pricing alone.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin