Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,915   Posts: 1,521,761   Online: 1067

Thread: Agfa Brovira

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Agfa Brovira

On occasion I used to use Agfa Brovira paper. In particular, when I wanted coal black blacks and usually when I wanted high contrast as I believe they used to make a #5 contrast. What is the closest that I can get today?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I believe the the closest to a dead matte charchol black paper (non-warmtone), would be Slavich Unibrom, which is still avail in the states too
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...flections.html
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agfa made a paper that was later labeled grade 6. Its name was BEH-1, "extra hard", glossy, single weight, and it was wonderful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    Agfa made a paper that was later labeled grade 6. Its name was BEH-1, "extra hard", glossy, single weight, and it was wonderful.
    I reorganized my darkroom sometime back and came across two packs of 10 sheets each 11x14 Brovira BEH111 extra hard #6. This came from and old friends darkroom after he went to the big darkroom in the sky. The funny thing is the price tag is still on both packs. $2.60 for 10 sheets of 11x14 paper is a price I'd like to find today. Ah, the good old days! JohnW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You might be surprised with Ilford MGIV. It is about the highest contrast, multicontrast paper I know of.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin