Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,478   Posts: 1,597,628   Online: 1291

Thread: HC-110(A)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

HC-110(A)

Just thought I would pass on to anyone else that might want to give this a try (if they have not already). I forgot that I was out of dektol after getting set up in my kitchen for a darkroom session. Then, I remembered reading one time that HC-110 (A) can be used as paper developer. I researched my files and found that dilution A (by my calculation, 37ml, or 1.25oz of syrup in 18.75oz of water, ~19) in 600ml of water has a capacity of about 10-15 8x10 sheets. The developement is somewhat slower, but I found that I liked it very much. Has anyone else used this before?

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not heard of using it specifically as a developer, but I have read about adding it to dektol about 10ml HC110/1 ltr of dektol stock. it is supposed to increase highlight seperation in the print. I have never tried it but your thread has reminded me to try it this week.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Images
    I used it quite a lot some years ago. I added about a tablespoon of washing soda to 1 1/2 quarts of the working solution and found it not much different from Dektol. I have also used it with added ascorbic acid and carbonate.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What kind of "color" does it leave a print?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    What kind of "color" does it leave a print?
    Black and white as I recall. It is, after all, a PQ developer when all is said and done. If you add the ascorbic acid, it is still black and white. Even in the past when it used catechol instead of hydroquinone, it did not stain because there is enough sulfite in it to prevent that. It is not typically a warmtone developer, especially if you add some carbonate.
    Gadget Gainer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin