Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,111   Online: 1051

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A Film Developer Question of Old

I was Reading the Old articles yesterday and read the one about using AGfa 130 on film.... mainly about using a glycin developer on film. I am wondering if anyone does this anymore and if so, why and if not, why. I am very tempted to try just to see what may happen. I love 130 for paper and have always wondered why glycin is not used for a film developer. Answers? <whlogan@loganphotographics.com> or here as it pleases you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My experience with Glycin-based developers has been outstanding. Look in the Film Developer Cookbook for some formulas. One of the reasons that Glycin has fallen out of favor is that it is difficult to get/find. If I'm not mistaken, the only remaining reliable source is the Photographer's Formulary which makes their own batches every two weeks.

GSD-10 is one of the more popular Glycin-based formulas (FX-2 is another).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin